Kercaszomor is a community, created from the unity of Kerca and Szomoróc in 1942, where most of the locals are Calvinists. Sights in the village that can be visited along the route:

- a cemetery with wooden tomb crosses called “sökfa” by the locals, a simplified grave marker used by Calvinists in the Őrség region.
- a Calvinist wooden belfry - - a log-walled building from 1877
- Pusztatemető, the remains of St Wenceslas church. The church was mentioned in a document as early as 1208 as a significant border point. It was located on the borderline of lands (referred to as Őrség) owned by the guards (őr in Hungarian) entrusted with the protection of Hungary’s western region.
Other attractions:
- Calvinist church (1788)
- St Anthony of Padua Roman Catholic Church (1834)
Website of the village:
 Akácos Vendégház  Kercaszomor Fő u. 108. Tel.: (36) 30 850-9838  Homepage

Harangláb Porta Kercaszomor Fő u. 115. Tel.: (36) 20 536-1635 E-mail:

Hétrét Guesthouse - Kercaszomor Fő u. 114.  Tel.: (36) 30 3940-863 Web:

Jurta szállás (Yurt accommodation) - Kercaszomor Fő u. 68. Tel.: (36) 70 394-63-16 , (36) 70 (394) 63-22 Web:

Kerca Biofarm - Kercaszomor Fő u. 99. Tel.: (36) 94 444-220 E-mail: Honlap

Kerca Guesthouse - Kercaszomor Fő u. 37. Tel.: (36) 30 602-5491 E-mail: Web:

Kercai Vadalma Guesthouse - Kercaszomor Tel.: (36)  20 313-8138 E-mail:   Web:

Önkormányzati Turistaház (Hostel of the local goverment) - Kercaszomor Fő u. 126. Tel.: (36)  30  760-2181 E-mail: ,  Homepage

Spilák Guesthouse - Kercaszomor Fő u. 120. Tel.: (36) 30 335-1512 Web:

Szent Viszló Guesthouse - Kercaszomor Fő u. 95. Tel.: (36) 200-9400 Web:

Verolitta Guesthouse - Kercaszomor Fő u. u. 108/a Tel.: (36) 94 444-558, (36) 30 850-9838 Web:

Migratory route recommendation
Learn more about the Events and
Attractions on Facebook!

The St George Abbey of Ják was founded by Marthinus Magnus de Jaak in cca. 1220, and it was consecrated in 1256. Its magnificent recessed doorway is the finest example of Hungary’s Romanesque architecture. The monastery, built adjacent to the church but destroyed in the late 16th century, was the home of Benedictine monks.   .....



Contribute and show Your experience!
Join St. Martin,
walk the paths traveled by!